Basil Parmesan Spread
*Be sure you are only using doTERRA essential oils for these recipes. doTERRA's oils are CTPG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) and can be used internally. Other essentials oils can not. If you'd like to purchase the oils for this or any other recipe please visit my website www.nurturewithoils.com
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 drop of doTERRA Basil Essential Oil, 2 drops if you like strong basil flavor)
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic (more if you plan on adding 2 drops of Basil oil)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. of Feta cheese
- 2 tsp. sun-dried tomato paste
- Cayenne Pepper
- Blend spinach, basil, and garlic. Gradually add in Olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Blend cream cheese and feta cheese in separate medium size bowl
- Combine all ingredients together and add cayenne pepper to taste for a little kick. Feel free to add extra garlic as well.
- Place in a container or mold into a cheese ball. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Serve with crackers or spread over toasted bread.